FMLA Family Leave Act Lawyer
If you have any questions about a California Family Medical Leave you are best advised to call our workplace Family Leave attorneys at 1-877-525-0700. There are many laws that apply to taking leaves of absence from work in California. Only an experienced employee lawyer can advise you as to how to take a family leave from work, or whether your employer did something illegal by the way they treated your leave of absence from work.
The California Family Rights Leave Act (CFRA) as well as the Federal Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allow employees family leaves for up to twelve weeks in a year’s time. Not all employees qualify for FMLA Family Leave.
WE ADVANCE COURT COST. ALL CASES ARE TAKEN ON CONTINGENCY. WE ARE ONLY PAID IF WE WIN! 1-877-525-0700
To be eligible for a Family Rights Leave under the California version of the Family Medical Leave Act, or the California act itself, the employee must:
- Have worked for the employer 1,250 hours during the last twelve months
- The employer must have 50 or more employees in a 75 mile radius of where the employee worked
FMLA Leaves of Absence cover:
- The birth of a child
- Time off from work to treat the employee’s own serious medical condition
- Time off from work to provide care to certain family members suffering from a serious medical condition
California Family Medical Leaves must also be given under other laws including:
- Maternity Leave Laws
- Mandatory use of a limited number of sick days per year
- Victims of serious crime and domestic violence laws
- Time off from work to attend a child’s school in specific circumstances
- Time off from work to treat for cancer, a genetic condition, or a disability
How our Medical Leave of Absence Attorneys can help you:
- We can sue your employer if you were fired for a disability
- We can sue your employer if they failed to accommodate your medical condition
- We can sue your employer if you were denied a FMLA leave
- We can sue your employer if they failed to properly designate your leave as FMLA
- We can sue your employer for denying maternity leave
- We can sue your employer for denying many workplace leaves of absence
- We can sue your employer for interfering with your leave of absence from work
- We can sue your employer for job discrimination
- We can take over your EEOC or DFEH case
Work leaves of absence are governed by many different laws. Only an experienced workplace leave of absence lawyer can advise you which law may apply to your particular leave of absence from work. In addition, if an employer has their own policies about medical leaves of absence they have to abide by their policies regardless of whether those leave rights are required by law. For example, some employers provide sick days or PTO (paid time off days) that can be used for a medical leave of absence. Additionally, some employers have short and long term disability policies that may run with FMLA leaves, disability leaves, pregnancy disability leaves, or other leaves of absence for work.
Family Medical Leave Act Lawyer
Call 1-877-525-0700 to discuss your California leave of absence rights at work. All of our California medical leave cases are taken on a contingency which means you are only charged a legal fee when and if we win. We have successfully represented employees in leave of absence cases for over 20 years.
- $539,000 FMLA Abritration Award
- $150,000 Leave of Absence Settlement
- $135,000 Medical Leave Settlement