Do I Need An Employment Attorney?Here are some reasons why your interests are best served hiring an experienced employment attorney:
- An employment lawyer can help you determine if you have a case that is worth pursuing. Otherwise, you could end up spending your time and emotions on a case that an administrative agency will dismiss.
- An employment lawyer can help you file your discrimination complaint correctly. If you check the wrong box on a complaint with an administrative agency, your discrimination claim or wage claim could be dismissed.
- An employment lawyer may obtain results much faster than a governmental agency. It’s not unusual for a discrimination case to sit for years in the Department of Fair Employment and Housing without a resolution.
- Only an employment lawyer knows all of the remedies available to you such as statutory fines and punitive damages. Administrative agencies do not pursue all legal theories and money due you.
- Employment lawyers usually obtain much higher settlements than you could obtain through an administrative agency. Our law firm has obtained settlements in excess of $100,000 for cases that an administrative agency would resolve for a few thousand dollars. Want big money for sexual harassment? Get an experienced sexual harassment lawyer.
If you are having a work problem with your employer on any employment issue, contact us to discuss your case and your options. In Southern California, we have offices in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, Gardena, Oxnard, Bakersfield, Tustin, San Bernardino, Riverside, and San Diego. We handle cases in all parts of California and also have offices in other parts of California such as San Francisco.
All our labor attorneys were trained by firm founder Karl Gerber, lead trial attorney of the Employment Lawyers Group, and are always supervised by him. Generally both Karl Gerber and one of the firm’s labor lawyers will be assigned to the employment case. Decisions about which employment attorney to assign to the case depends on recent prior experience with a similar employment issue.
Since 1993 firm owner Karl Gerber has handled more than 1,540 separate California employment cases with a high rate of success of all binding arbitration and jury trials he has first chaired.
All employment cases for employees are taken on a contingency. We are only paid a fee when and if we win. We advance all costs. We handle Wrongful termination, Discrimination (age, disability, national origin, race, pregnancy), Sexual Harassment, Medical Leave Discrimination (FMLA, cancer leave), Unpaid Wages (unpaid commissions, prevailing wages, overtime), and missed meal break cases.